The Appraisal Institute offers world-class education that will help you advance your career. Enroll today for our chapter's upcoming education programs:
NEW COURSE OFFERINGS FOR OUR LOUISIANA CHAPTER
Simple Tools for Credible Results - April 11, 2019
Instructor: James B. Atwood, SRA of Nashville, TN
Event date: 4/11/2019 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Export event
This course is designed to provide useful tools to help students support important conclusions in their appraisal reports. The students will accomplish the following objectives:
1. To identify several of the most frequent USPAP violations that appraisers commit.
2. To identify and define appropriate terms related to credible assignment results.
3. To review and remind participants of the requirements related to the scope of work rule, and the development and reporting of appraisal results.
4. To introduce and provide hands-on training for several Excel tools that can be utilized supporting market conditions. Tools include graphs and pivot tables.
5. To discuss the sales comparison approach to value within the context of comparable sales selection and the definition of market value.
6. To discuss and provide hands-on training for several tools that can be utilized for supporting adjustments within the sales comparison approach.
7. To provide fresh insights into the use of paired-data analysis.
8. To remind participants of the usefulness of analyzing units of comparison.
9. To apply extraction techniques for supporting land value, depreciation in the cost approach, a possible age adjustment, and support for economic life.
10. To promote the use of qualitative analysis and proper reconciliation.
11. To recommend and show support for using the subject’s own sales and listing history as additional comparable information in the sales comparison approach.
12. To demonstrate the versatility of pivot tables to support results in advanced appraisal assignments.